Agenda for a Surf-Thirty Sesh
- Arrange to attend one of our morning or afternoon sessions
- Meet our Surf-Thirty crew, and depart for the session with full
gear (10 boards of different sizes and shapes to choose from), or meet at one of our pick up points.
- Learn how to get up on the board (typically we will have you up and surfing within 5 minutes - worst case 30 minutes)
- Training Brief from one of our expert surf trainers. Learn the keys to surfing once you get up on the board
- Learn correct foot placement, balance & weight distribution
- Learn acceleration and braking, so that you can master your placement on the wave surface
- Learn how to turn, cut, & how to "pump" for speed
- "Free surf" for minutes at a time to perfect all of the above
- Go home with close up video proof of your exploits - We sometimes bring along video cameras and GOPRO sport cameras for up close HD action video. Bring your own camera if you want to get footage for sure. If we capture, we might post video your video to facebook, vimeo or youtube
- All of your skills are transferable to the ocean & traditional surfing. You now have 80% of the skills you need to surf. You will need to develop the paddling strength, and the traditional surf "pop up", and both of these will take time.