Driving Instructions to Glorietta Bay - Coronado - San Diego Bay
- No Flakes Please ! - Please see our policy on showing up
- What NOT to Bring - Read our FAQ before packing your gear.
Directions to meeting spot at Glorietta Bay Park FROM I-5:
(PRINT THIS NOW AND PUT IT IN YOUR POCKET)
DO NOT FOLLOW MAPQUEST OR GOOGLE MAP INSTRUCTIONS
- Directions to Wakesurfing meeting spot at Glorietta Bay Park, Coronado, CA -
- It will take 20 minutes from downtown on a weekend, and up to 30 minutes on a weekday
- Take I-5 to the Coronado Bay Bridge Exit.
- Cross the Coronado Bay Bridge
- (There is no longer a toll for the Coronado Bay Bridge).
- Follow the surface street through Coronado
- Go to the first traffic light (Orange Avenue) and turn left.
- Continue along Orange Avenue past the Hotel Del Coronado (on your right in approximately 2 miles).
- At some point, Orange Avenue becomes "Silver Strand Blvd."
- As you pass the Hotel Del, you will see the "Coronado Boat House 1887" restaurant on your left. (originally the Chart House)
- Continue past the "Boat House" and make a LEFT at the traffic light (marked "Avenida de la Arenas" with an arrow to the right).
- Cross the bike path, then make a quick right onto the access road (Strand Way)
- Drive past the Coronado Community Center (on your left), and then past the boat ramp & dock (Glorietta Bay is on your left).
- There is plenty of parking on the street. There are public restrooms available at the Park
- Meet the boat & your host on the dock.
- If you are lost in the area, the boat dock is located just south of the southernmost of the ten 15 story condominiums which are along Silver Strand Blvd south of the Hotel Del. The condos are on the ocean side of the road, and the Glorietta Bay Park Dock is on the Bay side of the road. (Left side as you head south from the Hotel Del)
- Use the public restrooms before getting on the boat. While on San Diego Bay, it is a 25 minute diversion for the whole crew to come back for a restroom stop, so please use the restroom before getting on the boat.
- Please make sure that we know your time constraints. If you need to get off of the boat at a certain time, please be sure to let us know before we start, so that we can plan the appropriate logistics for riding order and other variables.
Shortcut for this page for text messages: http://bit.ly/Glorietta2